Tuesday, 15 May 2007

Why?

I've been doing some thinking. And here's the outcome... If I'm to lead one or more congregations in the near future they need to know that they can ask 'Why' I want to do something, or don't want to do something. We need to be purpose-full in all things; being aim-less is less than helpful.

So if my practice doesn't align with that which is expected, both I and the people need to know Why. Including the times when the answer is, "I messed up".

But in this age of communications technology where we rarely communicate at a deep level, I want to be able to share Why we're doing things the way we're doing them, or Why we're changing things. I want us to spend time together working out the Whys.

When a Why pops into my mind I'll try blogging it - just in case, in the future, I forget Why I'm doing something at all!

I'll also begin to label this blog, beginning with any Whys that may have snuck in already!

No comments: